Complete Broadcast Text
Welcome to The Prophet Daniel’s Report. This is Daniel Whyte III here to remind you that Jesus Christ is coming back soon and that you need to be prepared. This broadcast is not about predictions, however it is all about preparation.
First, today, let’s look at some Signs of His Coming in the news.
The disciples asked Jesus in Matthew 24:3, “What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus Christ then went on to give them (and us) clear signs that show us when we can begin to expect to see the coming of the Lord and the end of the world. Looking at world events through the lens of the Word of God, let’s look at some headlines from today’s news that point to the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
An incurable disease called the ‘AIDS of the Americas’ has infected 8 million people. According to the New York Daily News, a parasitic infection — the Chagas Disease — has similarities to the early spread of HIV. Like AIDS, Chagas is hard to detect and has a long incubation period before symptoms emerge. As many as 8 million people are infected in the Western Hemisphere, mainly in Bolivia, Mexico, Colombia and Central America, as well as some 30,000 people in the U.S. Chagas infects people in areas of poverty, and most U.S. cases are found in immigrants. Because Chagas is often left untreated, it spreads easily, either genetically or through blood transfusion. If caught early, it can be treated with intense medication, but the drugs are scarce in poor countries and very little money is invested in searching for new treatments.
U.S. envoy to Israel says America won’t give up until Iran is thwarted. According to The Times of Israel, American Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro said The United States will increase pressure on Tehran “and will not relent until it achieves its goal: preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.” Speaking at a security conference at Tel Aviv University’s Institute of National Security Studies, Shapiro added that negotiations with Iran “are not talks for the sake of talking. The clock is ticking and the window of opportunity is closing.” He emphasized that Washington is working in complete coordination with Israel on the issue.
Palestinian official says an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank would only perpetuate the Mideast conflict. According to Haaretz, a top Palestinian official rejected a suggestion made by Defense Minister Ehud Barak, according to which Israel should consider unilaterally withdrawing from the West Bank in case peace talks failed, saying on Wednesday that such a move would only serve to perpetuate the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Speaking at Tel Aviv University’s Institute for National Security Studies, Barak said: “this is the time to lead a diplomatic process,” adding, however, that if such an attempt failed, “we must consider an interim arrangement or even a unilateral move. We are on borrowed time. We will reach a wall, and we’ll pay the price.” In response to Barak’s remarks, Palestinian President Mah-moud Abbas’ chief aide Na-bil Abu Ru-di-neh said that “Israeli unilateral moves will lead to the formation of a Palestinian state in temporary borders, to which we object. This policy will lead to the conflict’s continuation and not to a solution.”
You can read these stories in-depth and get more Second Coming-related news on our website at www.SecondComingHerald.com
Now, it’s time for Prophecy Bootcamp.
Prophecy Bootcamp is where we deal with the basics of prophecy and what will happen in the future according to the Bible. Our aim here is not to make predictions but to help you get prepared by understanding how things will unfold in the end times.
Our topic for today is titled “The Increase of Knowledge is a Sign of Christ Soon Return” from John MacArthur’s book “The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.” MacArthur writes the following on this subject:
The Bible vividly and repeatedly portrays the final scenes of man’s days on the earth. The prophets clearly indicated many signs that will come to pass in the last days, so that if we look carefully at what’s happening in the world at any given moment, we can pretty well ascertain what time it is on God’s clock. We’ll see many of these signs throughout these broadcasts, but I want to look at one of them to begin with.
The Increase of Knowledge
The Holy Spirit, who is the Author of all Scripture, speaking to Daniel said this, “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end…” The “time of the end” refers to the fact that man’s day is coming to an end. Then He goes on to describe one of the features of the time of the end: “…many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” One of the great signs of the end is going to be an increase in knowledge. Let me give you some facts which seem to indicate that knowledge indeed has increased tremendously — placing us in the last days:
1. Over 365,000 hardback titles are published every year (1,000 per day); not to mention paperbacks and magazines.
2. Science and technology produce 60 million pages of information a year.
3. All of man’s knowledge is doubling in less than five years.
4. If all of man’s knowledge from Adam to 1845 was represented by a line one inch high, man’s knowledge from 1845 to 1945, on a relative basis, would be three inches high. And from 1945 to 1970, it would be the height of the Washington Monument, 555 feet!
Some of the things that have recently been presented to us as scientific features of tomorrow and today are these:
- The ability to select the sex of the newborn.
- Creation of life in a test tube.
- Growth of fetuses in artificial wombs.
- Genetic control and microsurgery by radiation and laser beams.
- Development of ova and sperm banks.
- Control of the aging process with a life expectancy of one hundred years.
- Elimination of tooth decay by welding enamel on teeth with laser beams.
- Spot welding of the retina of the eye and extended use of the bloodless knife in surgery. (The bloodless knife is a beam which simultaneously cuts the skin and cauterizes the blood vessels.)
- Extended use of artificial organs, such as plastic corneas for the eye, metallic bones, dacron arteries, artificial hearts, and computerized electronic muscles.
- Development of synthetic foods.
- Development of ocean farming and possible undersea cities.
- General immunization of the world against common diseases.
- Experiements in human hibernation.
- Development of effective overweight control programs.
- Development of a worldwide money and credit system.
- Development of fantastic cities of the future. Herman Kahn suggests that there will be cities of 50 to 100 million people.
- Wide-band radio communications with hundreds of channels to choose from.
- Automated libraries and central encyclopedias that will make possible the procurement of almost any information by using the internet.
- Improved weather forecasting and control of weather fronts.
- Sophisticated teaching machines which allow children to attend school in their own homes.
- A television command center with which the president of the United States can view any trouble spot in the world.
- Increasing use of nuclear reactors to supply electrical power.
- Electrical power from solar converters to satellites.
- Development of large laser tunneling machines that will replace present tunneling methods. At M.I.T. it was found that an unfocused 1.1 kilowatt gas laser beam could crumble granite and marble in less than thirty seconds.
The use of automatic shovels or nuclear bulldozers. Excavations similar to the Panama or Suez Canals could easily be dug using a chain of nuclear explosives to blast a furrow through the ground.
In closing, let’s consider what God wants you and I to do in light of His Second Coming.
God wants us to be aware that we are in a spiritual battle. In light of that, please listen to what Dr. David Jeremiah writes in his book titled “I Never Thought I’d See the Day”. The title of this section is “When Christians Wouldn’t Know They Were in a War (Part 16) — Ignorance of the Spiritual Realm Continued”.
When Jesus Christ came into the world, He came as a light into darkness, invading the territory of Satan. The Bible says God “hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son”. We were taken from Satan, taken out of darkness, and made disciples of Jesus in His kingdom of light. Satan was none too happy about this invasion into his domain. Thus, he continues to attack Christians, trying to cause them to bring shame upon the name of Christ and woo them back to the darkness of sin from which they were rescued.
If you belong to Jesus, you are living and breathing in that unseen “middle tier” of reality where you are subject to attack at any moment. Failure to know your enemy can be fatal.
Now, if you are listening to this broadcast and you do not know Jesus Christ as your saviour, God wants you to accept Jesus Christ before He returns. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Friend of mine, if you are willing to trust Christ as your Savior today, please pray with me the following prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ’s sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
Remember the words of the Lord in Matthew 24:42: “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.”
Matthew 24:44 says, “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” God bless you.
Title: “Jesus is Coming (Back Again)”
Artist: Al Green
Album: “Precious Lord”
Buy now from Amazon MP3