Complete Broadcast Text
Welcome to The Prophet Daniel’s Report. This is Daniel Whyte III here to remind you that Jesus Christ is coming back soon and that you need to be prepared. This broadcast is not about predictions, however it is all about preparation.
First, today, let’s look at some Signs of His Coming in the news.
The disciples asked Jesus in Matthew 24:3, “What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus Christ then went on to give them (and us) clear signs that show us when we can begin to expect to see the coming of the Lord and the end of the world. Looking at world events through the lens of the Word of God, let’s look at some headlines from today’s news that point to the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Floods in India kill 27 people and displace 900,000. According to the AFP, at least 27 people have died and 900,000 others have been forced to leave their homes as monsoon rains swamp wide areas of the northeastern Indian state of Assam. A state government spokesman said 21 of Assam’s 27 districts were hit by flash floods which began last weekend as the rains lashed the tea and oil-rich Indian state. As rescuers set up 1,500 temporary shelters for the stranded, Assam health minister Hi-man-ta Sar-ma said, “All major rivers are running menacingly high with breaches reported in many places.” In nearby Bangladesh, the death toll from a series of flash floods and landslides rose above 100.
2. Vladimir Putin says Russia already recognizes Palestine. According to JTA, Russian President Vladimir Putin told Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas that Moscow already has recognized a Palestinian state. During a visit to Ramallah in the West Bank,he Russian President said, “We [recognized Palestine] 25 years ago, and our position has not changed. Palestinian leadership, and the president personally, have been behaving responsibly to achieve peace based on the two-state solution.” U.S. government officials have urged Abbas repeatedly to return to talks with Israel without preconditions. Abbas has said he will not have high-level dialogue until Israel freezes all building in the West Bank and in eastern Jerusalem.
3. U.S. and Israel discuss ways for Israel to keep its military edge in the region. According to The Jerusalem Post, in a sign of increased ties between the United States and Israel, a meeting of the joint Defense Policy Advisory Group took place in Tel Aviv to discuss ways to ensure Israel’s military edge in the region. The main focus of the talks was the West’s ongoing standoff with Iran over its nuclear program as well as the instability in Syria and Israeli concerns that Syria’s sophisticated weaponry and chemical arsenal will fall into rogue hands. Discussions were also expected to focus on the continued US support for Israel’s missile defense systems. While the Obama administration has allocated $275 million since 2011 for the program, Israel is interested in creating a multiyear plan with the US that would ensure a regular budget for missile defense systems that Israel will need to purchase over the coming years.
You can read these stories in-depth and get more Second Coming-related news on our website at www.SecondComingHerald.com
Now, it’s time for Prophecy Bootcamp.
Prophecy Bootcamp is where we deal with the basics of prophecy and what will happen in the future according to the Bible. Our aim here is not to make predictions but to help you get prepared by understanding how things will unfold in the end times.
Our topic for today is titled “Who does “this generation” in Matthew 24:34 refer to?” from Dr. John MacArthur’s book “The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.” Dr. MacArthur writes the following on this subject:
In Matthew 24:32-35, Jesus gives a parable about a fig tree in reference to his return: “Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.” What’s near? The return of Christ. Here he warns the Jews who will be in the Tribulation that when they begin to see all of the signs mentioned previously in chapter 24 begin to happen, His coming will be near.
Then in verse 34 He says, “Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.” What does He mean by “this generation”? There are three possible interpretations:
1. The nation of Israel won’t die out until the time of the end.
2. The generation that’s alive when all of these things begin to happen will not die off until they all happen.
3. Israel is seen as a fig tree in Jeremiah 24, Joel 1, and Hosea 9. If Israel is seen as the fig tree of verse 32, it may be a fair interpretation to say that the generation that sees Israel bud will not die off until all the signs of the end come to pass. If this is true, since Israel budded in 1948, we’re the last generation.
In closing, let’s consider what God wants you and I to do in light of His Second Coming.
God wants us to have the right spiritual attitude toward the world as it crumbles around us in these last days. In light of that, please listen to the final part of what Dr. David Jeremiah writes in his book titled “I Never Thought I’d See the Day” about the radical sacrificial mentality that Christians should have.
Sacrifice is not a pretty word. It means losing something valuable—one’s time, energy, resources, wants, or even one’s life. Why should we make such a sacrifice? What makes it worthwhile? What is the benefit? Sacrificing one’s self is too big a step to take without having a very good reason to do it. We sacrifice ourselves in response to the mercy God offers us and to have our lives transformed.
When we lay ourselves on the altar, we open ourselves to the new life God gives us through the Holy Spirit. This means we have new power, new direction, a new goal, a new standard of behavior, a new standard for relationships. The old standard was conformity to this world, but the new standard is to “be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” It is our sacrifice—our death to the old sinful self—that submits us to God so we can undergo this transformation.
This transformation, though accomplished by the power of God, does not occur automatically. God does not violate our free will, which is why a personal decision is involved. After making the radical decision to present yourself to God as a living sacrifice, you are now qualified and prepared to make a rational determination—to not be conformed to the world but to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. First, total sacrifice; then, total transformation.
This transformation is vital, for it determines your response to everything we’ve addressed in this book. It enables you to live through whatever comes without fear or anxiety—more than that, it enables you to live joyfully. Fail to make this transformation, and you will find yourself vulnerable. You will be weakened and unable to stand against the conforming powers of this world.
Now, if you are listening to this broadcast and you do not know Jesus Christ as your saviour, God wants you to accept Jesus Christ before He returns. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 and 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Friend of mine, if you are willing to trust Christ as your Savior today, please pray with me the following prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ’s sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
Remember the words of the Lord in Matthew 24:42: “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.”
Matthew 24:44 says, “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh. Let us join in the prayer of John the Revelator — “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” God bless you.
Title: “In a Little While”
Artist: Mark & Stephen Altrogge
Album: In a Little While