1. Turkey reopened the airspace around In-cir-lik Air Base on Sunday, allowing the U.S. to restart strike missions targeting the Islamic State terror group, as the alliance between the two nations showed signs of serious strain.
2. An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.0 struck eastern Japan on Sunday and shook buildings in Tokyo,but there was no danger of a tsunami and no immediate report of injuries or major damage.
3. Iran has received the first batch of missiles for the S-300 missile defense system.
4. Turkish President Recep Erdoğan and Russian President Vladimir Putin may meet in a face-to-face meeting in August as part of mutual efforts to normalize bilateral ties following months of tension due to the downing of a Russian warplane by the Turkish Air Forces in November.
5. The Obama administration has increasingly warmed to a Russian proposal that allows U.S. forces to coordinate with the Kremlin in the ongoing war against ISIS in Syria.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 12:14-17.
Our second coming quote for today is from Sam Morris. He said, “Jesus tells us to keep our eyes on His coming and not get too busy building our little homes, accumulating an old-age pension, laying up money in the bank for a rainy day. He wants us to obey Him, look for Him, walk with Him, and let not our hearts become saturated with the things of this world.”